Pay for employeees vs owner

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GrassQuester, Jul 6, 2006.

1. GrassQuester

GrassQuester LawnSite Member

For any of you that have 1 employee or ever did ,when your out on a lawn maintence bid and say this property takes 2 hours to do do you charge say $60 dollars per hour for yourself and then like $35 for your employee or do you charge the same for both ?

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I do not care who is doing work-- I charge by the time it takes to do work.
    If a job takes 3 hours I charge for 3 hours of labor, if my "guys" can not produce the work in the right time- they will not be my guys for long.
    Also I always paid my self for the work I did if I was on a job. But at the scale of the highest worker (which was $15) otherwise it would throw off the accounting.
    It should cost your company X amount to do work each hour- You always need to cover the full X
  3. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

You're saying you will need 95.00 an hour for you and 1 person. So if you estimate the job at 3 hours. you would charge them 285.00.
    don't tell the potential customer that you are charging them 60.00 an hour for yourself and 35.00 an hour for your helper.
    Just figure out how long you think it will take you to do the job and x it by 95.00. don't forget to add in supplies.
  4. Lawnboy112

Lawnboy112 LawnSite Member

I agree with StBalor