Pay for LawnSite.com

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Javelin14, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Javelin14

Javelin14 LawnSite Member

As the father of two older boys in this business, I can't tell you all how much I have come to appreciate this forum. I teach my sons to be professionals - not scabs or lowballers. We have a modest investment in equipment (our gear won't win any beauty awards) and we keep our prices current with the rest of the industry. We measure the property, don't underbid, and provide high quality work. We stay out of areas where we're not qualified (spraying, etc.)The business is a partnership, carries equipment and general liabilty of a million bucks, and exists to make a profit. The boys care about what they're doing. My youngest (17) is already considering a Turf Mgmnt. major at a local University.

I will GLADLY pay a fee to be a member of this site. I bet it has saved us thousands in pointing us to the right equipment to buy. My background is in sales/marketing and the info about flyers and doorhangers has been invaluable. It's been fun teaching the boys how to deal with potential customers who want you to give your labor away. Many of these have been turned into satisfied customers paying the original rate! The best thing about this site is the sharing of information. The fact remains that each one of us must market and sell our services - then deliver better than our competition. Customers will buy from people who have served them consistently. Yes, there will be lowballers trying a hand at the business - but they will go away eventually. Tell me what this site will cost and I'll continue to be a member.

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Glad to hear the great comments. I have a son too, he is 8 right now so I have a few years to groom him. I hope he considers this as a field he would be interested in. As far as paying for Lawnsite there has been discussions about it but Chuck has never asked for money. If he chooses to I would also pay just for the great company and heated discussions! For now I will enjoy the freedom and freebies all I can!

3. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I hate to say I would pay since it has not been asked or required just yet. As well, as the fact that no price has been mentioned!

But, since I am complusively addicted, a charge to access Lawnsite would either save me or break me!

4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Chuck is laying back until 25% of the cutters you see on an average day have a notebook mounted on the mower, with satellite ISP, battery recharge from engine, and quick change to truck cab mount between jobs and back again. Mini screens will attach to glasses, so when a new post pops up, you can throttle down and read it.

Then it will be really worth it for him to switch to fee based? LOL, LOL, uh-oh, LOL? Who's selling them?

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Why are all these threads about paying for Lawn Site popping up all of the sudden? Chuck or no one else running the forum has mentioned anything about charging.

6. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

If some of ya'll feeling guilty about getting a free service, just send Chuck some money and leave the rest of us alone. Quit pushing for a pay board. If Chuck wants it to be a pay board, he'll make it so. :)

I happen to like the free service. And as pay back I click some of the Sponsors links. DO YOU????

Jim

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

About 1 year ago, we all chipped in what ever we could and sent from a few bucks to $75 to Chuck to help offset his costs for this site. This was brought up about 1 month ago and several emailed me for Chuck's address so they could send in some too. Some didn't have it to send last spring but did now, so if anyone wants to help, fine. This is not a plea for money. This is if you want to help out.