Pay for sales brochure?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lee b, Feb 9, 2001.

1. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Looked at Bush Hog website and requested a brochure on their new ztr's. Brochure came two days ago, ztr's look well-built and got me interested. Today a bill from Bush Hog came, $4.76 for the brochure! I always thought sales literature was free, till now. I just sent an e-mail telling them to keep their brochure and their mower. Have any of ya'll run into this before?
  2. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

That is unreal. I get brochures all the time in have never gotten a bill. That is not a very smart way for them to do business. Why would I pay to look at there brochure when everyone elses is free. It is also not a good way to treat a potential customer.
  3. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Are they serious? (mail it back) LOL!!!
  4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Keep the brochure and toss the bill. They figure if 10% send the money they at least paid for postage.

I cant imagine them making a ZTR. Maybe it will clear that briar patch as well as mow the greens lol.
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Great sales pitch!
  6. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

7. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

I'd send the brochure back, with a bill for MY time to read it, plus for my postage.
  8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I believe you but it is hard to understand why
    BOBCAT would think people would pay to see their
    material used to sell their machines.Did it
    have mabe a booklet of LC tips or something
  9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

That is BUSH HOG AWM that did this, not Bobcat
  10. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

This was a 2 page brochure like the ones that every dealer keeps around. The bill says it's for requested literature. I believe they made a mistake, I know they did if they think I'm gonna pay for it.