Pay Site

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grapevine, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Grapevine

Grapevine LawnSite Member

The more posts I read from kids mowing lawns after school or on the weekends with dads mower,or the guys doing this on the side for a little extra money, the more I'm in favor of a pay site for the guys who really do this for a living.

2. dhicks

dhicks Member

I would like to see Lawnsite Dot Com as a pay site, too.

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Another month and School's back in session. :blob2:

I dont think that they should be excluded, but they should learn how to use the SEARCH FUNCTION! :D

Kris

4. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

My ten y/o is cutting 7 yards a week now. If he would have done it last year I wouldn't have sold my maintenance division LOL.

5. Does pay site mean that the guys who answer questions get paid :D

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I would think that "kids mowing lawns after school or on the weekends with dads mower,or the guys doing this on the side for a little extra money" would be the ones more apt to pay for advice.

Now, that I would pay just to watch and listen :angel:

7. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

its not in lawn site best intrest to have a pay site, you see they have a lot of members which attract big money sponsers if they had 25,000 hits a day and went to a pay site and only had 5000 hits a day they would lose the bulk of there sponsers,because of lack of coverage.. the bottom line is lawn site makes more money by keepin it free!!! about the kids mowing and the people doing it on the side??? hey we all started somewhere..

8. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

BTW.. on the 23rd we had over 140,000 http hits and about 25,000 page views :)

Chuck

9. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

like i said those numbers are impressive to large sponsers with with large bucks keep it free who knows you may catch yahoo one day!!!

10. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now. I figure once school is back in it will die down.

And I second Kris' comments. I don't mind you young guys asking dumb questions, but search for the answer first using the search function!