pay up sucker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ashs inc, Feb 9, 2005.

1. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

how many here get maintenance customers to pay a month in advance?

2. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

I offer pay per service, or monthly billing to my customers. For the ones who elect monthly billing, I require the first month in advance. This policy was initiated after I had one new customer not pay for a months service. Most either pay up with no complaints, or elect pay per service.

3. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

thanks fisher,

no one else bills this way????

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Everyone I get I bill in advance, other than big commercial ones, and they all have signed contracts. If they refuse, they I dont do them, too many problems in the past.

5. thill

thill LawnSite Member

We invoice our schedules customers at the first of the month for the service they will receive that month, due with in 10 days.

Most of the residential clients pay well inside of that 10 days. Most of the commercial accounts pay closer to the end of the month.

Tom

6. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Since I started my business in 1989 "all" of my customers are under contract and pay by the month in advance. Statements mailed the 28th of each month for service for the following month. Late fee of $10 if not paid by the 10th of each service month.

7. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

Most of my regulars I have had for several years. I bill them at the end of the month (not in advance). These customers are proven payers though. For new customers I require payment in advance for the first 4 cuts (1 month) and then bill like the others. This helps weed out the clowns and cheats.

Paul