1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Payback's a B*tch!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Liendeni, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

Ya, I could have scheduled the old ladies lawn at a different time...but that's not my style.

See...my ex-wife asked me to mow her lawn during the day when her and her boyfriend were both at work. She said he was to stupid to ever notice that the lawn was actually growing and needed to be cut. Kind of the same way she use to talk about me....many years ago.

I agreed just to be nice...keep the peace kind of thing. Whatever....I was working on Mondays on the next street over anyways, and it was only a 10 minute job tops.

Long story short....she fired me two weeks ago. Come to find out, old boyfriend had a brain after all. Seems he put two and two together.

It wasn't really the fact of being fired....wasn't making diddly squat from it...but it was the way she was talking to me about it. As if it was "my" fault that she decided to go behind his back. She was actaully mad at me and talking down to me because she got busted.

So, just by chance....guess who comes out and asks me my monthly price and then asks me when I can start? Ohh...nobody less than the very nice old lady that lives right beside her. I took the job and then later that same night is when ol girl called to fire me.

So, guess what yesterday was? My first day of mowing at the neighbors house. Yes, I surely could have came and went long before my ex and her boyfriend got home from work....but then again....that's not my style.

Nope, I waited until about 5:45....made sure I did this nice lady's yard last. Pulled right up in front of her house...with a good portion of my truck sticking out into my ex's portion of the road....and low and behold...guess who came running out of the house? "What in the hell are you doing here??"

I'm working b*tch!

Even sat on the end of my truck to enjoy a nice glass of gatorade and a PB&J sandwhich.

Anybody have any suggestions to how I can really milk this thing for all it is worth. Trust me when I tell you that I can't even begin to pay her back for all the B/S she has done to me. And don't worry about her trying to use my son as some type of get back. I won primary custody about 5 years ago and ever since then....I'm the one who does the chain yanking around here.
  2. ProCut_48

ProCut_48 LawnSite Member
    from michgan

lol thats funny as h*ll!!!!
  3. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Way to go. Keep cutting the lady next doors grass at the end of each day, Even if its a little out of the way. Offer the lady next door some extra services (make her a good deal). Mostly when there, don't be in a hurry, take your time unloading and loading, take a few minute drink break, stop and talk to the lady if she's home, Whatever it takes to keep your face in your X's LOL.

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

grow up and get over the ex ..........................
  5. FDuce

FDuce LawnSite Member

I would not act like this in public if you want to maintain any shread of professionalism.
  6. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Come on, Where your sense of humor? Whats wrong with making some money and messing with the ex at the sametime? Not like he's doing it to do it.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

True, we shouldn't, I shouldn't...
    Two wrongs don't make it right, and there's been a time or two when I could have done
    things any other which way to avoid the confrontation, but just like yourself I didn't.

Yup, showed up at the worst possible time :p
    And why?

For one there are still days when I just ache for that chance, too.

Some folks...
    It's just like they say...
  8. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

its obvious you still have a thing for her. But it sure is funny how life has a way of working things out!
  9. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

I think this is funny ass chit way to go
  10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh::laugh:It may not be professioanl, it may be childish, but its funny as h*ll and makes you feel sooooo good all over:laugh::laugh: I would enjoy doing this yard to and really taking my time at it, and be sure to always be polite and smile/wave when you see the ex!:laugh: