1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

payed site?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by stslawncare, Oct 15, 2001.

would u pay for lawnsite

1. yes

20 vote(s)
  2. no

14 vote(s)
  3. undecided

8 vote(s)
  1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Your suggestion is more akin to going to a dinner party and telling the host/hostess what to prepare and how.

If you wish to part with your money unnecessarily I can send you my address where you may mail all the checks you like.
  2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I think you need to rework your analogy. If it were a dinner, it would be MORE akin to being invited, eating and LOVING the meal, having seconds, then recommending that I and the rest of those who enjoyed the dinner, because it was so good, reimburse the host for his trouble.

And I'm perfectly satisfied with the menu. But 'dine-and-dash' doesn't appeal to me.

As for sending you money, I'd do it gladly. Tell me something worth paying for. And calling me a lumberhead doesn't count. I can get that from my wife for free.
  3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Such as offer to wash the dishes.

I think that is a very good analogy Jeff.
  4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i would definetly pay to be here all the time i love LS!!:)
  5. Well send your checks to the Lawngodfather! I will make sure the funds are appropriated properly.

With what I understand, Lawn Site has lots of plans for the future, and a pay site is not in those plans. This is the bigest Lawn care and landscaping forum in the world, it is that for many reasons. One of which being free. There are many plans for this site in the future.

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

This may be true. However with no disrespect intended - is it the BEST???? I do not agree with the fact that just because you are the biggest LCO on the block, that you are the BEST!!! :D

I personally am undecided as to what benefits it would give us to have this a pay site. In the beginning as Lawnicure/Hall.of.Forums many of the "oldtimers" here have discussed the exact same subjects many of us yung'uns are today.

I would think that if this site were to become a paysite that there should be some kind of benefit to us as members. Possibly by offering discounts thru parts vendors, or insurance rates, or company embroidery shops, etc.

Just my .02
  7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

not that bad of an idea kris
  8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i like the parts vendor discounts idea
  9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

We at Flex-Deck are more than willing to pay for a Sponsor Forum and Banners. I think the general membership should be free so as to attract as many diverse ideas and comments as possible. Charging to belong would in our opinion taint the broad base that is now part of this forum. Thanks, Brad
  10. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Brad, if I were in your shoes, I'd feel the same way. More exposure for you is a good thing. A pay site would limit your exposure.

But I'm not in your shoes. Sorry.