paying employees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newblade, Mar 8, 2005.

1. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

Do you pay your employee when you start on the first yard and stop paying him or her when you finish the last yard or how do you do it?

2. DaLLa$

DaLLa$ LawnSite Member

My employees clock in at the arrival of the first property. They clock out after finishing the last property before lunch. They clock back in at the arrival of the first property after lunch and back out at the end of the last property for the day.

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I pay them from the start of the day till the end including drive time. Dont be cheap, it wont pay.

4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this the reason I get the message, try again later, the server is busy at the moment?....just curious.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

why not get a life crybaby. Maybe your the problem.

6. soonernation

soonernation LawnSite Member
    from Okc OK

That's what I do. If you are ready for them when they get there and all they have to do is get in the truck and go. If you dilly dally around and they have to wait on you, it's different.

7. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with your response, I pay from the time I leave till the time I return. I often buy lunches. A days wages for a days work. I just wish people would use the search feature before posting....my 2 cents worth. kenny :angel:

8. mowerman111

mowerman111 LawnSite Senior Member

I pay them from the time they get to the shop until they finish on their last job. they choose not to really stop for lunch, they eat from one job to the next.

9. Green lawns

Green lawns LawnSite Member

I pay them from the time they arrive at work and until we get back in after all accounts on done for the day. They are paid from my door to door for the whole day. Some days are 8,9 and 10 hours long.