Paying for flyer delivery service.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PerfiCut L&L, Jan 27, 2006.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L LawnSite Senior Member

Ive always had good luck with flyers, about a 5% return, be it for lawn care, mulch installation, landscape whatever.

This season, since Im a little short on time, I am considering paying someone to deliver my flyers. What do you thinks a good method for paying.

per flyer or per hour.

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I would pay per hour or they might just say they are delivered. Also be careful having them delivered because if they are careless they will blow all over and instead of good calls they will be bad. One more thing make sure to tell them not to put them in mail boxes that way you don't get in trouble on that end. Good Luck to you!:waving:

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

There are several services in this area that distribute flyers, they all charge by the flyer. It's funny, I get a lot of doorhangers and flyers at my house, probably 75% of the time there are 2 or 3 of them (same doorhanger). I assume the guy passing them out is trying to double up on his profits...:dizzy:

4. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I had thought about using a serive like the one your talking about until I talked to some other lcos and they basically said that they had gotten ripped off by the companies that they used.

If you do use a service , I would highly recomend keeping up with them and going out to see which areas that they claim to be passing out your fliers in. I saw some poor guy passing out some doorhangers, the guy had to be around 70 years old and looked awful.

Anyways, my wife is a teacher and has some teacher friends that have high school age children. I hired one of their kids and put him in some developments with doorhangers in two hours hes putting out close to 200. I pay him $7 and he really wants to work, plus I know he is actually putting them out, not just throwing them away.. This might be something to think about.

Someone posted about using younger kids, and I would highly advise against this. I wouldnt have anyone under 16-17years old. Some people are really nasty about doorhangers and fliers (even when they are legal to put them out in the neighborhoods that I work in). My worker has been confronted several times.

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Now the two distribution services I used in the past were both reptutable companies. Problem is, they are too good and cheap for their own good...had 10 or 11 LCOs advertising in one distribution. I told one of them they need to double their rates to weed out a few people. It just became ineffective as there were too many other LCOs to compete with in each distribution.