1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Paying for your customers

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jdkatz, May 31, 2006.

1. jdkatz

jdkatz LawnSite Member

Would there be anyone out there willing to pay for lawn care leads??? There is a company here that does it for about a grand a year. You get other stuff like uniform shirts and maybe some insurance quotes. Are there any takers???:waving:
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search, this subject has been discussed before.

The simple answer is no way, no how.
  3. jdkatz

jdkatz LawnSite Member

I agree, I got 23 regular customers in about 3 months being a new start up with just some door hangers and word of month. I tried the search but my neanderthal computer keeps showing an error.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't actually hire some type of company per say, but I DO pay for leads sometimes when they come from other lawn services and such. There is an area just to the north of me that is built around a golf course. I have been doing some work in that area for around 5 years. Next door to one of my full service residentials is a fert. customer. His kid is in high school and is venturing into a bit of mowing. He is doing great at it, got himself a little Cub Z, and does excellent work. He takes alot of pride in his workmanship and it shows. He's got the trick figured out on how to pay attention to some of the extra details. Anyway, he is doing more and more of the houses in his area, and is doing the common areas for the association. He recommended me to a customer about a week ago, and I signed them up for a full fert. program. For this, I gave him $20 as an incentive for more, and it is a win-win situation for the both of us. I get another happy customer, and gets better grass to cut - actually nicer but EASIER to mow. I am always happy to give him mowing jobs up in that area when I come across them, as well. He's a good kid, and is definitely no slouch. For however long this kid decides to do this, I have a feeling he will do well.
  5. jdkatz

jdkatz LawnSite Member

Thanks Joe, I can see the value in that also. I think it would make sense to pay a little "thanks" for someone that is calling for lawn care or maybe pay a little for someone's route, all or part.
  6. PastyWhite

PastyWhite LawnSite Member
    from Jax, FL

Are you talking about the Turf Pac through Tools for a Time? I think Geoff is a great guy and I bought my Ex-Mark stuff from him but I don't think the pac is worth it. I can do all that stuff my self for a lot cheaper.
  7. jdkatz

jdkatz LawnSite Member

Yep Pasty thats what sparked the idea for the question. I figured that if there was turf pac here than other folks might
    do other lead programs and stuff. I got most of my stuff from them also.