paying payroll or undertable`

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by smarino21, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

last yr i 1099 my 2 employees this year i am gonna put them on payroll for workcomp issue. I relize how it cost me more then what there actualy getting so i thought of paying them say 10 hrs payroll and then say 30 hrrs in cash? Give me your thoughts on doing this guys thanks"?

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

100% illegal ................................................

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It always sounds great until it backfires on you. One irate employee and you're all done. The fines and the interest on the backpay of taxes outweighs doing it right the first time many times over. If you get caught, there are many consequences here, because you are committing fraud. You are not only defrauding the government, but you are defrauding the insurance company, too. Both unethical and unwise.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Didn't you just ask the same question in the Business Section a couple of days ago? I can't find the thread -- maybe it was deleted because the notion is clearly illegal and posting such a question in a public forum had many unfavorable responses?

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I believe your right !!!! and this one should be deleted also

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I'm going to close this so it cannot be posted in any longer, but I am leaving it here so others can read this....

what you are proposing or suggesting is in fact like the others said illegal and it should never even be considered....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.