Paying Taxes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mitchell, Oct 19, 2000.

1. Mitchell

Mitchell LawnSite Member

I was just wondering how many people are completly, 100%, honest about reporting their gross income? You know that we are in a cash bussiness (some of the time , esp. in residential accounts). And do you agree w our govt spending our tax $$$ in countries that have never been ourn allies or will never be. Ex. Nigeria just got over 250 Million in federal aid. What has this country EVER done for us? And why should our money be spent there? Just like to hear your comments. (I have contacted Eric and your ID will not be violated or reveled)
  2. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

100% honest hey taxes is part of the game....its the guys without ins. workers comp. and not paying taxes that will be the death of us all.
  3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have an accountent do all our books. He is great at taxes and will stand by if ever audited. Just remember too keep ALL recipts.
  4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I think if the IRS put those electric prongs to Erics lower extremities he would squeal on us all :). But I do pay taxes and all your taxes do not go to other countries lol But you can think so if that make you feel better lol
  5. Creative bookkeeping rules!!!
  6. T.C.O.B.

T.C.O.B. LawnSite Member
    from Zone 9

Part of the game of business! Hire an accountant. Paying taxes is a game, too! Uncle Sam offers a lot of deductions, based on your business classification (Sole Prop., S-Corp., Corporation) Reseach and use them to your advantage.
  7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

In 1969 the goverment took two yrs of my life, for and stupid ass war that was for their benefit, so you say do i pay all my taxes, lol I pay what i want, Maybe a third at best. and i love knowing im playing the game.
  8. powerreel

powerreel Banned

I'll leave a wounded taxman behind any day! LOL!
  9. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I do not have cash accounts. I turn it all in, 100 percent.
  10. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

You better hold something back, if you are audited they will assume x % is cash and y/x% wasnt reported and rots of ruck proving otherwise so take your liberties now the IRS expects it.