payment

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Dix, May 18, 2002.

1. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Run a credit report.

2. Dix

Dix LawnSite Member

Grasshog: Realy hate to show my lack of knowledge, but how does one go about running a credit report?
    Dix

3. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta sign up for a service. My collection company can do it as part of my deal. Why are you so spooky on this. Do they seem shaky? Most of the time people don't shop for what they can't buy with the intention of screwing someone. Give them the price let them decide.

In NJ we have the 10% rule in force too. I think it is an enforcement "tool" as many contractors ask for and get more.

4. Dix

Dix LawnSite Member

Harold,
    I had a customer duck my calls, not answer the door, & try to sell her house while owing me money. ( Found out she later declaired bankruptsy). Had to have her served a summons to get paid. Another left town owing me and the guy he was renting from. As the cops say "in God we trust, all others we fingerprint"! I just don't want to lay out a bunch of money for supplies and get stuck with them. Or do the work & then get some bull as to why they can't pay right away. (and I still have to pay the sub!)
    Dix

5. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Dix. To run a credit report you will need to sign up for service like hbfox said. I used TRW credit