PayPal Billing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Something D, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Does anyone use PayPal for payments. I have seen a couple individuals with websites where they include PayPal to receive online paymentsfor Lawn Service or Landscaping.

How does it work?
    Is it worth it?
    What is the cost?
    Is Credit Card Payments better.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I used to do it, but I felt that they took away too much for fees. More than credit card companies do

3. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

I'm set up for it but I've never used it. Although I'm not at my clients weekly, more like once or twice a year so collecting checks is not so big a deal for me as it is for others.

4. tiedeman

from earth

what types of services do you offer two planks?

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I use it. It is 2.9% + $.30 per transaction... You don't pay if nobody uses it. I have added 3% shipping fees to cover the cost.

One thing I like is they don't have to a user of paypal. They can just type in their cc info and pay away. :)

http://www.cclawnservice.com/testimonials.html

6. tiedeman

from earth

3% shipping fee? What do you mean?

7. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Have you had any horror stories. If you log onto google.com and type in Paypal you will see a lot of websites that have nothing but bad things to say about PayPal holding all the money because of a discrepancy they found.

8. tiedeman

from earth

my wife had a problem with PayPal about 2 years ago while selling on ebay. Sure it was a credit to the good for her, but it bothered her. She had a credit of like $180 on here account, and PayPal couldn't figure out why she had it. IT finally took approx two months later before they took it off.

9. ALarsh

from Midwest

You can charge a percentage or a flat rate for shipping. I am charging them 3% shipping to cover the paypal fees. I have it listed on my website that they will be charged a 3% shipping fee to cover paypal charges so they are aware of it.

10. ALarsh

from Midwest

Make sure you ALWAYS type in www.paypal.com. I never follow a link to paypal so I know it is the real paypal.com. When you get e-mails from paypal, they give you hints on how to tell of it is a fake paypal or not. For example, they say that if you ever get an e-mail that says "Dear valued customer" it is a fake. Paypal will always send you an e-mail that says "Dear (Your Name)". Just one example.