Payroll Service?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Green Dreams, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Does anyone here use an internet/nat'l payroll service? I am considering using one. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out ADP or PayChex.
  3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked into them some this year and was thinking they were all too high $
    for the services.I ended up finding a good (think and hope she is good) C.P.A.
    and will use her. These payroll co's. wanted between 45.00 and 75.00 per 2 weeks, if I remember right. C.P.A. is going to charge 15 a month for up to 8 employees. My advice is to look into the payroll services so you know what they will offer, then find a good accountant and see what they would charge.
    My bet is the CPA would be cheaper and more available if you have various questions, oh, and local too. hope that helps you a bit. I think you will save money and headaches if you go with a CPA. Jeff
  4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

CPA's do not work that cheap around here :)

FWIW - PayChex is about $28 for one employee a few bucks extra for each additional employee.
  5. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

I use Paychex. They are expensive (I think) but very convenient. I need to start doing it myself but I never get around to getting it set up.
  6. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been checking for payroll services in my area. They run from 35.00 to 50.00 dollars a month. And in talking to different accountants they would be willing to answer a lot more questions if you had them doing the payroll services. I would suggest using a local accountant. They will also help you in a lot more areas.
  7. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

If you have an Advantage payroll servie in your area. I would use them, very reasonable, and you can process on line and know exactly what you need in payroll acount to make sure everything clears, plus they do all the tax work. Once I switched I coulnt believe I didnt do it sooner.
  8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Primepay $16.95 per week for up to 5 employees I think...Intuit (quickbooks) also has a payroll service that is reasonable....

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i do it my self on quick books pro
  10. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

try NEBS they do payroll and make the business forms..