payroll service

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnservice, Feb 16, 2007.

1. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

getting real tired of our accountant making stupid mistakes on our payroll (not so much on pay checks but on state/federal forms like the fed tax deposits and state unemployment insurance etc.)

so....we're thinking of going with an on-line service
    https://www.paycycle.com/external/home.jsp

anyone familiar with them/use them?

their costs are significantly less than our accountant's

comments?

2. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

We use quick books pro and just signed up for the payroll service for the exact reason you stated. Our accountant was making to many minor errors for my satisfaction. We opted for quickbooks full service they do the reports and file them etc. I never did our payroll my wife always has then had him do reports etc. She spent about an hour and a half on phone with them setting it up. Now payroll takes her about 3 minutes a week. It cost us the same amount that our accountant charged us. We feel it was well worth it.

3. lawnservice

accountants!
    these are the 'numbers' folks and yet they cant add??

drives me nuts especially when I have to redo their mistakes. I mean if I have time to redo their work....why continue to pay these people I can just do it myself. Problem is... I dont have the time!

the on-line service looks awfully easy and convenient

think we're gonna give em a try statring next quarter

[side note....just got back from your area, Atlantic City....was my first visit. Had I pretty good time....was a little stressed about the weather but we lucked out

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

There was just a thread about Paychex and many people weighed in on their experiences with the various payroll services. Just do a search with the word paychex I think the thread was titled "I just signed up for paychex"

5. Gman2310

Gman2310 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i have been using paycycle for 2 yrs now, love it! Every week put in the hours, it does the rest. Reports 24/7 and gives you reminders when things are do so there are no suprises.

6. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I use them too. There great.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

One of the best things we ever did was to go to an outside payroll service.

8. lawnservice

thanks for your comments guys

i did do the search and found your possitive feed back on paycycle on another thread.

i realy like the direct deposit and allowing employees to down load their pay stubs

AND the cost is a fraction of what we pay our accountant

So, i signed up....30 days free trail then 9.99 per month for two months (cant beat that pricing) looks like once the special offers expire we'll be paying something like 55 per month (includes both fed and state document prep)

Next move......dump our current accountant

9. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

quickbooks works great for us .

10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I have quick books pro 2007, and anyone who uses them how much do they charge for the payroll service? thanks in advance