1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Payroll Sorftware for Employees?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jason Pallas, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

What kinds of payroll software are you guys using. I'm thinking about discontinuing use of our payroll services - (too expensive)... just curious what types of software you guys are using, how easy it is to use, and how much it costs. Thanks guys.

FYI - we're only talking about 6-10 employees
  2. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Coincidentally, I was just talking to a supermarket owner today about this very thing, not for myself, but for my stepson who owns two fast-food restaurants. He made a recommendation of one he has used for several years. They make several versions, from basic to one that will handle electronic direct deposits, and from a few employees to thousands. Anyhow, he said he looked at several, and feels this one is the most user-friendly of those he has tried. Print out checks, with stubs, if you want, and will print out your paperwork for turning in payroll taxes. (think you can do this electronically now, too).

Don't know how to post a link on her, but their website is pensoft. com (Peninsula Software). Hope this helps.
  3. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks - I also have a friend in the biz who is using a software program to do payroll. I'll post back when I get the name of the software.
  4. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Check out Paycycle.com. Its like a payroll service but over the net and really cheap. We switched but it does require about 30 mins of work a month - this is alot compared to our payroll service which took no work.