Payroll

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by meets1, Apr 8, 2005.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Are there any compnaies out there in our line of work that do payroll as a service? Also what is that costing - do they figure per employee, dollar amount etc.

Were using Quick Books Pro and we jump to 8- 10 employees for summer help.

Any suggestions!

Thanks

2. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

www.paycycle.com

9.99 per month for 5 employees
    .99 per month for each additional employee after 5

3. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Might give Paycheck a try or Quicken has a payroll service I think.

4. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

Did you not like quickbooks? I have been using it since the 2000 version and I also purchased the extra help coverage it was more that worth the money. I tried a seperate service to do this and yearly I spent more money by having a services do the payroll and I was still doing the billing. A lot payroll services in my area still wanted me to calculate hours and also give them alot of information that did not really save me any time, If you are not very computer literate then look into alternate services trying to configure quickbooks can be a real pain.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Holy Christmas...I don't wanna say what I pay compared to those rates. :dizzy:

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

If you read the fine print, thats for the first 3 months, after that, it doenst say.

7. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

quickbooks is good for up to 10 employees before a jump in price. I just signed on with them since I already do everything through quickbooks.

8. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

adp is who i just started using its 40 every 2 weeks up to 5 employees, call in hours oneday and the payroll is here the next, even have direct deposit for employees

9. Mowmoney00

Mowmoney00 LawnSite Member

We use ADP, yeah there a little more expensive but quality counts. They call me on Tuesday ask for my hours and the next day there checks are at my door or direct deposited to their accounts. Plus they handle all tax payments (state and federal). Granted we do nothing! Also, they do our WC and it directly taken out of our account......so easy. I have payroll for 6 employees and it cost me 36.00 per week plus a little more at the end of each quarter and at the end of the year. Give em a shot. I've never had any problems with them and I've used them for 1.5 years now.

I use to think .. Man 36 to 40 dollars a week is alot of money. If you really look at it, it actually saves me money for time saved and reassurance that all the tax mumbo jumbo is not screwed up by me. Just some food for thought!

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Mowmoney00 - - - who is ADP? And how do I look them up?

We are using quick books pro, but the time, the chnace of us messing up a number or numbers, I don't know!

Thanks