Payroll ???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grass-Eater, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Grass-Eater

Grass-Eater LawnSite Member

What do you guys do with your payroll? That is do you take care of it in house or do you out source this item

i'am have been getting someone to take care of this in the past but i'am looking at the cost of taking this over i' ve been looking at some software but they all need a monthy service fee from anywhere from 9.99 month to 49.00 month plus the time of doing this myself

what do some of you guys?? :D
  2. kevinsky

kevinsky LawnSite Member
    from Nevada

I use Intuit Payroll Services. I used to do it with my accounting software but wanted to be as removed as possible from it. I enter all employee info and hours via the Internet. They take care of the rest. There are a number of ways you can be set up and different pricing as well. I get my payroll delivered to my front door biweekly. The checks are in those sealed envelopes pre-signed. I have it set up this way so I can leave town and not have to worry about being around to sign checks. It costs me about $1100/year for four employees.
  3. marionlandscape

marionlandscape LawnSite Member

my payroll is free as long as I let my accountant do quarterly taxes for me. it is easy for them I call in times every week and get the wages faxed back to me and cut the checks