1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nriddle77, Aug 31, 2005.

1. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone use a payroll processing company to pay their employees?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We do. There is a flat fee per month and then it goes up slightly as you add employees. Works great for me cause I have guys that live in NJ and PA. I know diddly about PA withholding. Plus, they provide us with Quarterly Reports as well.

Using them is the smartest thing I have done in years for sure...
  3. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds good. Thanks for the info Rod.
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

l do also. it costs me $19 per week, per employee for the service. i have my workmans comp thru them also. they charge $4.10 per $100 of payroll. the good thing is, if we have a slow week, and they only work like 20 hrs, i pay less.
  5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I used PayChex when i was in FLA. and they do did the WC thing and I had checks every thursday afternoon....all I had to do was fax or call in my hours...They did the tax stuff too....less chance for a screw up on my end....
  6. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I've looked deeply into NEBS payroll service and will probably start using them for next year..

Still doing it by myself for now, but it's getting to be too much for me to handle on top of everything else..
  7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We do. Costs us ~40 every two weeks. They withhold, file, and do whatever other payroll tax stuff needs to be done. I just call in the hours on wednesday and the employees pay checks are at my office by thursday afternoon.
  8. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

If you use Quickbooks, try their payroll service. Same as any other, except that all you have to do is enter the hours and it downloads all the info right into your Quickbooks accounting...taxes and all. Saves that extra step of having to manually enter the payroll after it's completed. Very nice.