Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jerry and Sons, May 31, 2006.

1. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Looking to add first true employee, Just wondering how many people use a payroll services and if so what is the cost per employee on average?
  2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

our accountant's office does our payroll

I'm not sure but I believe its $10 per employee per week
    we pay weekly, might be a bit cheaper for you if you pay biweekly...but I'm not sure of that either.

okay, i just double checked and it is $10 per employee/weekly. actually its been that for a bunch of years now (looks like five years at the same $10 per)
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

$45 a month plus $2.25 per paycheck:drinkup: All I got to do is sign them.
  4. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Depending upon your accounting software, the software usually handles this.
  5. GlennZ

GlennZ LawnSite Member

Watch out for the big national companies. They tend to charge you for every report and filing. Esp. when you are small the costs are not spread out over enough employees to make it worth it. We switched from them to a local company. I got it down to $5 per paycheck all inclusive. No other charges at all. They do all the filing, direct deposit, etc.
  6. grnkeepers

grnkeepers LawnSite Member
    from midwest

If you have a good accountant have him walk you thru the whole process of processing all this with your QuickBooks. Once learned it is not hard at all.
    Quickbooks even offers a service to handle it for you if you choose.
    But I believe everyone should at least understand the processes for it. It is part of business.
    Really... it is not that difficult.