Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by matt spinniken, Apr 6, 2007.

1. matt spinniken

matt spinniken LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just wondering what everyone uses for their payroll accounting? Are there any suggestions as to what is the best way to calculate payroll for a small operations of 2-3 employees?
  2. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm hiring my first employee and have an appointment with my accountant next week. Maybe I will have some advice for you then.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

You can do it by hand, its so easy. I then use an accountant to file the quarterly reports, W2 ect.
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Paying $175 per week for a payroll service got old quick. So now I have the payroll feature that works with quickbooks 2007. However I cant figure any of it out. Its pissin me off, i spend $200 and I cant figure it out. Im sure im just overlooking something. Anyhelp?/Tips?/Etc?
  5. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

Payroll is simple. I can not figure out how people think it is so difficult. I use to do it by hand, but now I use versacheck payroll and takes ten minutes each week after downloading time from the jobclocks. Once a month trip to the bank for 941 deposits,quarterly 941's Quarterly state U.E., yearly w-2's,w-3 and yearly 940(in some cases quarterly).
  6. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

We use Paychex 36.00 month min plus check,tax filing fees and postage it works out to about 100 a month. They handle all the tax issues. Saves me a lot of time .
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We use an outside payroll service, much simpler.
  8. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

We use Paychex as well. They handle all tax issues and wc insurance for us. So far - so good.
  9. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Ck out Medlin Accounting. It's a shareware program, runs about $50 per year. Really easy to use, 941's and most other reports you'll need. Good user support too.:weightlifter:
  10. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I do the same. What is nice as well is that they offer Workers Comp. So it is nice to deal with one person for the whole ball of wax.