Pbi Gordon

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, May 19, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Three decades + in the lawn business and we always find ourselves using a pbi gordon herbicide, new products come and go, they promise big and come up short. Three names that represent quality in lawn care decade after decade,PBI gordon,ryan and lawn king!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. mwallingford

mwallingford LawnSite Member

:cool2: You're right!! I have been using Speedzone this year (made by Gordons), and the results have been fantastic. All with a Caution label on it. Can't ask for more than that. :cool2:
  3. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

I tank mixed PBI Gordon`s LV 400 and used it on clover, dandelions, broadleaf in general and had very good kill.1.5 OZ per two gallon per minute. Smells bad ,worse than Momentum but major cost effective. Ready to try more of their product.
  4. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

Hope you don't run into trouble with product claims with PBI Gordon. Had a serious failure with Powerzone and they backed out of covering us. They offered $2500 on a $6600 claim but we never saw it even though they admitted it was probably their product that failed. They can't be trusted to keep their word, so beware. Spotlight/Triplet gives much better control than either Powerzone or Speedzone anyway, especially on legumes. We experienced regrowth on clovers with both of the "Zones" at about a month after treatment.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've used their (close) equivalent to Roundup Super Concentrate, (it's like 41%, I think) and it worked great.