pbi q4 results

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GrowinGreeninc, Jul 16, 2006.

1. GrowinGreeninc

GrowinGreeninc LawnSite Member

Anyone that has used q4 especially in cool season turf? Was the crabgrass control good at all stages? Drive by itself is not real effective in its middle stages. Any turf injury? Hows the nutsedge suppersion? thanks

2. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Why should q4 control crabgrass better than Drive? Is the sulfentrazone active on crabgrass also?

3. GrowinGreeninc

GrowinGreeninc LawnSite Member

The new thing in the chemical industry is to combine products to create synergism which is the case here so they say. I haven't seen any better results than drive. They claim nut sedge suppression due to the combination.
    I Have seen broad leaf control, poor on the other. I do not like Like drive because it has a gap in the control which on most lawns will cause poor results on most lawn since there can be plants at different stages. For the same money acclaim works all the time.

4. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Sulfentrazone is sold alone as Dismiss for sedges. I think creating a synergism only can only go so far. If crabgrass is the target, a full rate of Q4 is only going to give you .5lb AI per acre compared to the .75 AI from applying Drive at full rate.
    I could see where a product like this could be very handy spot spraying lawns that only have a few weeds. Once over the lawn with a backpack and you are through.