Pclc 2012

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KS_Grasscutter, Mar 20, 2012.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Got a lot of mowing done today. Here's some pics of some stripes, and the load of grass clippings at the end of the day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The back mower is a Husqvarna commercial 21". Decent mower. Yea, I'm way behind, but should be caught up on mowing tomorrow, finish round 1 apps Sunday, then spray weeds in the mornings and evenings next week. Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thankful for the rain, lot better start then last year for sure!

Pretty sure I ran across an older Perma Green, it will need an engine though. Not sure what it's gonna cost me, but I gotta get something. My other choice is a Lesco 200 gallon space saver to the tune of $4500.

Austin, I didn't realize you were that far behind. I'd head over there and help you get caught up if I wasn't so far behind.

2. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Those are some really good looking stripes.

3. KS_Grasscutter

Thanks. They really stand out there because the way the lawn is sloped towards the road. I love mowing this time of year, the grass stripes REALLY nicely everywhere.

4. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Anytime, and yeah they really do stand out.:cool2:

5. MesaVerdeLM

MesaVerdeLM LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

6. KS_Grasscutter

Heres some new pics:

Servicing mowers before heading out to mow. I'm sure the neighbors love listening to equipment running and me grinding on blades at 6:30 am...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rest are pics of lawns and the mowing rig:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you angle cut narrow strips, or mow "long ways" weekly and rut it up bad like a lot of my competitors here in town?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

I will angle cut if there is enough room to turn around comfortably. Otherwise, I cut lengthways, but I make sure the mower wheels aren't in the same path week-to-week so it doesn't rut.

Very nice work in this thread!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

I will usually angle it on straightaways, but not always my mower isn't really that heavy :)

9. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Whos dodge truck is that in the 1st or 2nd picture?

10. KS_Grasscutter

My neighbor. Her late husband built the engine and lifted it. Now it mostly sits. Her new husband was driving it for a while till she realized he wasn't taking the best care of it lol.