Pclc 2012

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KS_Grasscutter, Mar 20, 2012.

1. RadiantLawnCare

RadiantLawnCare LawnSite Member

beautiful work. i love the easy maintenance of those walkers.

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I am looking at getting a new truck this year would you buy another truck like yours? The ones I'm looking at are the 1ton fords that are being sold off by Home Depot. They have a similar bed to yours, 5.4 and 2wd. I will have to add a dump hoist and paint it black.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah I believe I would. 5.4 isn't the most powerful thing in the world but it does fine dragging mowers around town. Think I get close to 9mpg pulling my 16' trailer. Not the best but I don't hear about too many folks doing better with any other gas engine.

The truck has cost some money over the years to keep running. Had to replace the transmission in like 08 or 09. Put a fuel pump in it last summer. Couple weeks ago I put 600 dollars of parts on the front end. Did brake rotors n pads, wheel bearings, and ball joints.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Nice truck and mowers man.

5. KS_Grasscutter

Thank you!

6. KS_Grasscutter

Mailed out 1400 of these today. Going to do another 500 in a week, and 500 a week after that. Depending on the response, I might go ahead and send another 5000 to some lower-middle class areas to pick up some mow and go's to fill the schedule up. Got some big goals this year, gonna take a lot of revenue to make it happen.
    [​IMG]

Finally got some snow to push:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice snow set up!! How many driveways you do with that type of set up? Is there also a snowblower in the truck you use? Must get cold on the 4 wheeler.

8. KS_Grasscutter

I do about 25 driveways and 1 parking lot. And it does get cold on the 4 wheeler haha. Also have a Toro single stage snow blower. Going to add a plow truck this year so I can take on more parking lots next season.

Started cutting down pampas grass today, will be cleaning up leaves/doing first cuts next week. Won't be long till we're mowing weekly here.

9. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

How does the grasshopper do in the snow? Or do you just use it to help stack? What's up with the chevy? Did you get a new truck? Either way, I like it!

10. KS_Grasscutter

Grasshopper does great, probably more efficient than the ATV on driveways. Got the Chevy about 2 years ago. Still haven't decided if I like it lol.