Pclc 2012

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KS_Grasscutter, Mar 20, 2012.

1. KMSLawncare

KMSLawncare LawnSite Member

Hi I purchased a truck bed just like yours at the end of last season. I think it's the perfect setup for residential mowing. I am in the process of building wooden sides to attach to the fold down alluminum sides so that I can haul mulch and connect my wood chipper to the back of the truck.

Do you have any pictures of how your wood sides are attached? I really like what you have done with the truck.

Thanks and Great Stripes.

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Good to see you back on here! Won't be too much longer before we take off for the season.

3. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there any particular reason why it is more efficient, just the manuverability? What engine does the chevy have?

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I just used 2 2x4's per side which bolted through the aluminum sides. Also used bolts instead of screws to attach the 2x12's to the 2x4's.

Got an inch of rain here today, won't be long now.

Yep more manuverable. Drove around today admiring the damage I did to lawns with the plow... yikes. Oh well, if they can't take a joke, f*** em.

Chevy has a 5.3.

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Any worries about the hyrdos on the hopper?

6. KS_Grasscutter

Nope, it's my buddies machine, I'm not real worried about it at all haha. I don't think he is real worried about it either, we don't get a whole lot of snow out here so it doesn't see a whole lot of hours pushing snow.

7. KMSLawncare

KMSLawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info I will hopefully get time to build sides for my truck this weekend.

8. KS_Grasscutter

New Exmark:
    [​IMG]
    New Sprayer:
    [​IMG]

Stripes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We've been real lucky and had a ton of rain this summer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some real high quality work one of my competitors does:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looking good, still waiting to see a plow hanging off that Z71, or another truck added to the fleet, with a plow on it.

10. KS_Grasscutter

Like I said, the new girl likes Dodge trucks... an 8' Western sure would look good hanging on a 4 door short bed Cummins truck...