1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pclc 2012

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KS_Grasscutter, Mar 20, 2012.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Any updates yet with the new plow truck? Or another plow season with the 4 wheeler

2. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ended up buying a 2000 3/4 ton Chevy. Will use it for applications and snow. Bought a new 8' Boss super duty for it, me and a buddy installed it Thursday. That was... fun?... haha. Will try and update some pics tomorrow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. KS_Grasscutter

Fleet Pic:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

New Snow Plow:
    [​IMG]

Was working in the shop today, changing the hydro oil on the Grasshopper was one of the things I was working on:
    [​IMG]

We are still not done with leaf cleanups. Should be able to start in again tomorrow. Will still be partially snow covered on the north side of fences and houses, but oh well. Here are some leaf pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet truck and plow! Did you add more plow contracts with the truck this season? Still plan to plow with wheeler also? Cant believe you can still do cleanups so late in season there.

6. KS_Grasscutter

Normally we would be done by now but the weather has not been very helpful this Fall. Lot of windy days. Lot of real frosty days. Then we got just enough snow to shut things down for over a week. We are later than usual anyway because we had enough precipitation this summer that trees held onto leaves longer.

I have not added any new commercial accounts but did add quite a few driveways. Will use the ATV for a few accounts still.

7. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Great work, and some nice looking equipment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

Is your new to you Chevy black/gold? If so it is identical to mine. How many miles on it? and did you do anything extra to the suspension to add the plow? I'm possibly adding the identical plow as well at some point, or a Fisher. I'm interested to hear your opinion on the truck compared to the Ford ect. Thanks and I hope it treats you well.

9. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

Is there a big demand for bagging down there? I sure hope you're able to charge extra for bagging.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. KS_Grasscutter

Thanks!

Gray and tan. 160k miles. I have a set of timbrens for it but haven't put them on yet.

Unfortunately yes, it is basically understood when bidding a lawn that you will take away the clippings, and no, we don't charge extra for it. It is what it is. Every year I experiment with more and more side discharge mowing though. I'd really like to move to stand on mowers if we can move away from bagging enough. Either way, I'm NOT bagging with a side mount bagger haha.