PCS Pulseworx - UPB Controller

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Apr 30, 2012.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Just wondering if any of you UPB installers have any experience with the PCS Timed Event Controller?

http://pulseworx.com/products/TEC_.php

I have been using the Simply Automated Timer/Scheduler for some time but am looking for something a bit more robust as I have had some issues with the SA unit getting scrambled with power fluctuations and outages.

Thanks

2. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Funny James..... I was reading a thread yesterday either here or lowvolt.org from 2008. It was you and Eden Lights going back and forth about upb gen 1&2. Guess your finally moving over to gen2. I thought you were using the Simply Automated desktop control? How are your clients going to override Schedules? Just a simple wall switch?

3. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Gen2 and Gen1 are transparent. I am just looking for a new timer. I always install a desktop or wall switch for the clients to over-ride the program. The timers are usually tucked away out of sight.

4. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

Today I did a search for Pulseworx Distributors in my area and the two companies that I know and called said they do not carry Lighting Controls LOL , weird.

Has anyone taken their training classes and how would you rate the products.

Richie

5. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Pulseworx is sold locally here through ADI.... ADI only sells to the trade. But everything must be special ordered. You can by pulseworx off the web. If you want a decent vendor with decent trade pricing let me know

6. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

I was just looking at prices on the net and prices are right up their with Precious Metals ( Gold & Platinum )

If you don't mind I would like to know the vendor you deal with , either post it here or shoot me a pm.

Thanks

7. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

8. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

9. Steve Atkinson

Steve Atkinson LawnSite Member

On a side note, if you did not know, Simply Automated scheduler/timer has a new software package that allows complete setup and modification of all components without having to use a computer and the UpStart program. And this unit also has a built-in noise meter.

Nice tool for those who do not want to take their laptop into the field.

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Steve, is this a new firmware update for the SA controller scheduler or a new piece of hardware?