PDA estimating software market research

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tx_angler, Nov 4, 2004.

Would you purchase PDA estimating software if it existed?

Poll closed Dec 4, 2004.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
  2. No

4 vote(s)
  1. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

There must be a market for it otherwise Gopher software wouldn't be trying to launch one. My suggestion is get one to market before they do as theirs is taking a long tiime to come out. If it does sprayer calibration, billing, routing and estimating and it is portable to multiple OS's like Mac and Linux as well as windows you're onto something. I'd target the LInux community myself because this is a low profit margin business and people have less $ to throw around so if they can get a Linux computer from Wal-mart.com for roughly 1/2 the cost of a windows unit then it would really be attractive. Might I suggest trying to work with Linspire or Xandros companies to develop something like that.
  2. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Iam looking at purchasing gopher software and it would be a big!!!!!!!!!! Plus to be able to track things like that on a Palm Pilot. Also a mapping software for me and the guys. That way we can have easy directions from one job to the next or for landscape jobs.

3. pushmower

pushmower LawnSite Member

4. Southwest Lawns

Southwest Lawns LawnSite Member

I use lowfatinvoice, mapopolis, and pocket informant (pocket pc)in my business. if you need information about any of these let me know.
  5. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Did you get an idea of the price for that? I didnt see it anywhere on the site.