PDA Question/Marketing Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gkell88, Apr 9, 2002.

1. gkell88

gkell88 LawnSite Member

Is it safe to carry my Palm Pilot with me in the truck during hot weather? Will it be OK as long as not in direct sun?

I'd like to pick up more aeration on my zoysia lawns this summer. I have about 125 zoysia lawns.
    I send out literature with my service bulletins, but am considering doing a supplemental mailing. What do you folks think?
    I'm also considering some newspaper marketing this summer. Any opinions on that?

2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

If you have your owners manual to the PDA check it, I think if you left it in the glove box it would be okay, but not for sure.

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a console in between my two seats, and put my pda in there all last year and, no problems. I would also think the glove compartment could work. I think you have to Just make sure it is out of direct sunlight heat from the sun. The owners manual will tell you.:)

4. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

PDA should be fine but batt life may be compromised, watch the direct sun.

jf

5. bakersacres

bakersacres LawnSite Member

Watch that heat! I've had PDA's that sat in a truck all day. When I went to use them the screen was completely black! Had to turn on the AC and cool them down in order to use the screen!:blob2: