PDA software w/ Quickbooks

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by N.H.BOY, Mar 8, 2005.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking to get a piece of software that can work with Quick books pro and quick books customer database that can also be run on the PDA Anything???
    Thank You
    N.H.Boy's Wife

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I have "heard" that the spreadsheets (excel) can work on both. Just got quickbooks pro too so Im playing with it now and just learning

3. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

I am after the exact same thing. Just purchased QBpro and customer manager. Also just bought a Dell PDA with GPS system. What I have found to work is from a contacts and scheduling aspect Customer Manager will Sync with Microsoft Outlook calender and contacts on your computer which will of course sync with your PDA.

I have not found a way to integrate the financial end of QB with the PDA.

If anyone knows anything else any help will be appreciated.

4. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

Why'd you choose QB Pro?? I am just wondering, I need to purchase some soft ware here pretty quick, I tested Gopher last year, it was ok?? I am currently trying Grounds keeper pro by Adkad. both around the same price $300 or so/ then there's Clip, looks really nice, but $1500 to $1800 seems a little steep.

I was just wondering why you didn't choose either of those?

5. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

after doing research if you go witha piece of software that is only made for one type of buisness you are limmiting what it can do Quick books works for all types and you use as much or as little of the software as you need. It also is a perfect software for growing a buisness because you have the database and the finacial software
    NH BOY Wife

6. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Same reason here. Reserched both Gopher and Groundskeeper. I liked the fact that QB pro is so veritile. There are a ton of other software programs that intgrate well with QB such as Clip & QExpress. I think if you are just doing this to make a little extra money and are not interested in expanding and haveing employees etc then Groundskeeper and Gopher are great choices. If you want to grow QB is the only way to go. Also with QB you can download all your bank statements and CC for easy transactions. You may be able to do that with Gopher and Groundskeeper as well but QB is very easy to use. Just a few hours and you are up and running.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

go to Quickbooks website, and their add on programs list. You can scroll through hundreds of programs that work well with QB

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi N.H.BOY,

The end of this month we will have the Gopher Palm Software available.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

now you get it up and going :) Curses to you Gopher :) j/k

10. KERRTURF

KERRTURF LawnSite Member

Hey Gopher,
    What about a version for PDA's that are windows based?