PDA's Anyone???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by SLC LLC, Dec 3, 2007.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone use a PDA or something of the sort that you can keep track of client phone numbers/addresses and also has a calender on it where you can track various appointments, etc.? If so, what are you using - brand, etc???
  2. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I use one. I had the original Moto Q but it kept breaking on me. I had so many crashes I think I traded it in 4 times in 5 months for a new one. I loved it though! One of my customers is an exec for Verizon so he got me a new Black Berry which has held up very well. The only problem with the BB is that it's not windows based so you can't have excell and office on it, along with other programs.

I'm going back to the new Moto Q m9 that operates on windows mobile 6.0 and is supposed to be a better phone than the original siver Q. I can get it for something like $150.00. The others are nice, but I can't see spending over 200.00 on a phone.
  3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Blackberry 8800. I do not know how i managed without it.
  4. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Those of you that are running the Blackberry's - you have these set up in correlation as your cell phone as well correct? Is there anything out there that does not double as a cell phone? I had a Treo from Spring for about twenty hours - took that thing back before I hit someone head on trying to dial and type messages. YIKES!!!
  5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I use a Palm Pilot, and have for a couple of years. I work solo, with only about 45 customers. All the information about the customer is in the 'contact' list, and the task manager is an easy and failsafe way to keep track of the daily work. Even the lowest level of functionality of the Palm series will do these functions. My unit has a hard-shell, aluminum case for protection, and I think that is important. The case makes it a bit more bulky, but also is more resistant to the harsher environment than for a typical user.
  6. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

Iphone here, Yes it's a lttle expensive for our field of work. However, It is my phone, calender, note pad, email, contact list, internet connection (for weather) and best of all my Ipod. Plus, It syncs everything up with my PC. As for it's durability I haven't tested it and don't plan to. I keep it In the truck when I'm doing something where it may be damaged.
  7. nlminc

from GA

My BB is my cell phone also. You just have to get used to the keyboard. I liked the Q's kb better. When I first looked at them I was there's no way I'm going to use that thing for emails.......but after a day or so you can type away in a jiffy on em!

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have one yet, however I want one badly. I am afraid though that I'm going to ruin it. I don't have the best track record with phones.
  9. nlminc

from GA

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

YUP I have one,,,, It's the Dell Dimension, have had it for about 4 years now.

Works great it get's the internet and everything, in fact, I'm on it right now.

it keeps up with all me customer base, names numbers addresses, it will play music.

wonderfull thing.

and when I need infor on my customers when I'm out in the field, I simply print a hard copy of all my active customers