PDA's: what brand and software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tpirobert, Dec 17, 2001.

1. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

I use a Handspring Visor Deluxe PDA. I have the portable keyboard, eyemodule camera and backup module accessories. I'm currently just using the Palm software that came with it. My question is what do you use and with what software. I am looking for options to record daily work while in the field and hotsync with computor at home. I use QuickBooks acct. software and would like to NOT manually re-enter data from field. What do you use? Something better than a PDA? I would use laptop if I could afford it. Thanks for any replies.

2. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

Look at Lawn Monkey

www.lawnmonkey.com

They also have Quick Books express. Very Very Good Service.

Check out there forum. If you need more info contact me direct. If you purchase please mention my name they will give me credit.

3. wolfpacklawn

wolfpacklawn LawnSite Member

check out http://www.pgsoftinc.com I recently came across this site and have an interest in the software. I dont have a PDA yet so I haven't tried their free download. This program seems to have all the functions I want to be able to hotsync to quickbooks. If you find something that works well be sure to let us know.

The Lawnmonkey software looks good but it is pricey and may be more than I need.

4. tpirobert

I downloaded the demo of software at http://www.pgsoftinc.com/
    They call it QBMobile. Looks good. It loaded all my customer info from QuickBooks right on to my Visor PDA. The current version of software will not do "invoice pending" and hold those invoices on PDA. This is a negative for me as this is how I set up my monthly billing. I talked to pgsoftinc on phone and a newer version is on its' way. New version will also support a printer for printing from PDA! Anyway, I'm going to play with their demo and see if it's worth the $100 to purchase. I'll also have to check out http://www.lawnmonkey.com/ Anymore suggestions, testimonials etc. out there?

5. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

tpirobert,

Did you try QBMobile? I'm curious to see how it's working. I've been looking at it and Qxpress.

Thanks,

6. tpirobert

Stonewall

Yes I've tried QBMobile. I'm still just using it to transfer customer and vendor info to my pda. Not doing my invoicing with it. Does not handle invoicing to my liking. Some day down the road I'll purchase a laptop/notebook computer and have ALL my info with me and update invoices while eating lunch.

7. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

www.alocet.com
    Try qxpress with the palm module
    amazing software.
    I also was very tired of entering all data in to quickbooks for every job that was done.

8. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks.

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

We are developing ours to work on Palm as well.

10. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have a version of quickbooks for the pda that is made by lowfat invoice. It only doesn invoices. Works amazing for me. All I do is hook it up to the computer and it scans quickbooks for new items or price variations and records the changes. Cost me like 200 bucks I think.