1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pe2003 Pulser Ground fault locator tips

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by londonrain, Jun 22, 2006.

1. I purchased a ground fault locator at the beginning of the year and I am now just getting it out for use. I am looking for any tips on using it.
    I have a 521 locator and I am good at finding broken field wires with it.
    Should I use the 521 locator so I can id the field wires path and then follow with the ground fault locator?
    any tips would be helpful
  2. I always use the 521 to find the path....you will NEVER be able to figure things out with the Pulsar by itself.

Also, when hand digging to find the wire "nick" or damaged wire the pulsar sends you to..no need to go turn off the receiver, just dig fast with your bare hands IN BETWEEN pulses....just make sure to get your hand out prior to the next pulse.......ask me how I know this.

3. That is what I was thinking. I will be sure and cut the unit off if digging with my hand, I don't even like the shock from the 521, so I bet the pulse is worse.:cry:
  4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Probe in short sections and follow the arrows. Turn the dwell down as you get closer to the ground fault.