Peachtree acct software ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dwlah, Jan 7, 2008.

1. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

I know alot /most everybody here uses QB
    Just wandering if anyone uses/has used peachtree and how it has worked for them
    Looking at it it seems geared toward the retail side
    I may not be looking at the right part of the software for our applications

2. dutchhook

dutchhook LawnSite Member

We use Peachtree for a payrolling business with 150 employees, and for the general ledger/PR/AP/AR functions in a landscape maintenance business. Works fine, we had Quickbooks before, my wife likes Peachtree better and she always wins, but think you'll be fine either way.

Only other thing I can think of is that there are some industry specific software that is designed to work with QB or Peachtree. Their software might do mowing routing, filling invoicing with pesticide info, etc, but them dump the totals into QB or Peachtree. Someone else here will know if someone does that in the green industry. That's what'll probably make the real difference.

Steve@Landscape.Pro
    Steve Hoogenakker

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

In my old company we used Peachtree. I just recently asked my old bookkeeper which she liked better. She said Q/B is more user friendly and that in particular it was easier to fix mistakes or change things in the rear. She said Peach tree has more features and is better for tracking but takes time to set up and enter the information to produce all the cool reports. She equated it to having a Ferrari that you only drive to the corner store. They don't do much besides sell and produce and hope they are making money. That's why I'm not a partner of that company anymore. They have been using Peachtree for about 7 years and we used Quick books before that so I'm not even sure she knows what the more recent editions of Quick books have. They do about 2-3 Mil a year in volume, design install maint.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I just bought peachtree, Staples has it free after a rebate...about a 150-160 bux offer, I havent had a chance to get it set up yet

wayne

5. dwlah

from Argo Al

[QUOTEOnly other thing I can think of is that there are some industry specific software that is designed to work with QB or Peachtree. Their software might do mowing routing, filling invoicing with pesticide info, etc, but them dump the totals into QB or Peachtree. Someone else here will know if someone does that in the green industry. That's what'll probably make the real difference][/QUOTE]

I think thats more along the lines Im trying to ask
    I know a lot of programs work with QB but cant find out if tey work with peachtree

Where did you find the rebate offer?

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I think thats more along the lines Im trying to ask
    I know a lot of programs work with QB but cant find out if tey work with peachtree

Where did you find the rebate offer?[/QUOTE]

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&fromUrl=home

wayne

7. dwlah

from Argo Al

Thanks
    That makes it an easy decision
    Free is good