Peco Baggers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnNeedz, Sep 3, 2007.

1. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering if anyone is using any of Peco's bagging systems? I am considering a bagger for my 757 and think that the ones from jd are way over priced. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  2. mebergstran

mebergstran LawnSite Member

i have been using an exmark lazer 25/60 for several years now with a peco system. it works well enough, but i just demoed an ultravac this summer and think i would go with that were i to do it again. i just hate having the vaccum running and blowing stuff everywhere when i'm trying to dump my load. just my $.02
  3. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Peco Vac on a 72 eXmark Z which works decent especially for small areas. I end up having to unload it a lot though. Last year I bought a Cyclone Rake leaf vacuum and am extremely happy with it. It has a very large capacity and is a very good designed system for a decent price. Do a search on Cyclone Rake here and you will find a lot of information on it. If you do decide to buy one order it soon. Last year they had a big back log. One other thing and this just may be the way I used it, but the attachable hose for cleaning out mulch beds etc. didn't work all that well. One other other thing, they have a six month absolutely no cost return policy. Check out their site: And No, I do not work for them, am not related to them, don't know anyone there and don't get a bonus for talking you into buying one of their units.

Take care, Ed
  4. LawnNeedz

Thanks for the info. It seems like that would work great for fall clean ups. I am really looking for something a little more compact though. Most of my yards that I would use it on are less than 12k. I am also not sure that I would have enough room on my trailer to fit something that large without having to break it down. I like how you can reverse it to empty itself. You could probably even mount it to a truck and use it as a leaf loader. Thanks again.

5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

The PECO vac works well...2 downsides
    1. It sits up high, so if operator has to duck under tree branch, or guy wire, make sure they don't go to far forward...
    2. The pony motor gets a lot of blow out debris shot on it... if you bag a lot, be prepared to replace the motor every 500-700 hours (no matter how clean you try to kkep the air fliter and motor)

Since purchasing a lazer Z hp w/ ultravac, I would not change back to the PECO.

The PECo does do a better job w/ bagging leaves in the fall, but the ultravac has no problem w/ tall wet grass.
  6. LawnNeedz

Do you notice your mowing bogging down when running the ultravac system. I have a 25hp and 54" deck and just want to make sure that the mower is not bogging down every time I cut wet grass. Also what is ultravacs website. I did a search for them but did not find anything.

7. LawnNeedz

Does anyone have a particular brand bagger that they would recommend?
  8. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search on the CYclone Rake. Its popular.
  9. LawnNeedz

I have looked at the cyclone rake but I am concerned with the length of the unit. Most of my yards are 1/2 acre lots with obstacles.
  10. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i run the ultra vac, only for cleanups, and i do think it glogged somewhat easy, but preffer it over the peco