Peco Baggers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mole, Aug 6, 2004.

1. mole

mole LawnSite Member

Just wondering if any one uses this system. I would like to know if there any problems with the system. Like getting clogged in wet conditions and how does it work with leaves.

2. slicklawns

slicklawns LawnSite Member

Mole I have the Peco catching system for 3 years. There are good points and bad. Good points are that it really is a powerful system, easy enough to empty hopper,connects and disconnects within a minute. Bad points are that the height of the hopper mounted limits ability to get under mature trees, pony motor mounted that it sticks out 12'' to 14'' off ZT, like others it clogs in wet weather. I find that it is not the best thought out system and that parts are lightweight. The hopper can go out of alignment and becomes a pita to empty when this happens. I've looked to change but Lesco do not have another manufacturers system that is adaptable to their ZT. I use mine year round and am so use to it now that the small things do not bother me but wouldn't want to go with another. Hope this helps.

3. mole

mole LawnSite Member

that's what I thought by looking at it. but it will beat my side mount for my zt. Im getting mine this week. been using a side mount for three years and im losing my mind with it. thanks for the reply

4. snowbound

snowbound LawnSite Member
    from Buffalo

You will find that it will save you tons of time. Just like anything if you take care of it, it will take care of you. The system really does work well.

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

we have one and it works out great. You can go through 6 inchs on leaves. You have to go slow though, that's the key. We have had ours for 3 years.............. I just make sure the person running the blower knows where I can get and not.

6. snowgoer

snowgoer LawnSite Member

could somebody tell me about a web site to look at the peco baggers and maybe a site to purchase one thanks

7. mole

mole LawnSite Member

everything green.com

8. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed one last year. a 60Z Two. Has its good and bad points. If you are bagging grass how to get the grass from the hopper to the bed of your truck is one bad point. But I think it is much easier to use than having to get on and off the mower to empty a side catcher. If you are doing alot of bagging it is definately worth the money. Especially in the fall when the leaves start falling. Good luck.

9. snowbound

snowbound LawnSite Member
    from Buffalo

Greengiant what is the name of your lawn business? I see that you are from Buffalo

10. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Business name is J.G.S LawnService. Work in the Amherst, Lockport area. Have a 52' and a 60' Exmark Lazer Z with bagging systems on my trailer. Where in the Buffalo area do you work? Also wanted to tell you that Lesco is having it's spring sale I think next weekend and they mark alot of things down for it I believe.