peco vaccum price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by longviewlawncare, Mar 17, 2002.

1. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey , i did a search but did not find any prices. What did ya"ll pay for your peco vaccum systems? thanks

2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i remember lgf or someone saying that the peco vacs for ztrs are about $2000.

3. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

$2336 + tax
    here in St. Louis
    Peco pro 12 with 5.5HP Briggs and Stratton

4. $2400 Kohler 6hp

5. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Yep just over 2300 sounds right. You might want to check out the quik vac from turf specialties--it's the same type catcher but 15 cu/ft and uses the spindles to drive the vac. Hear it works just as well and $300 less.

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

longviewlawncare,

Save your money for a unit that is designed to collect, Walker, Hustler Z with the Bac-Vac unit. I had a Peco with an 8 HP on a Ransom out front 60" deck, no good.

Gene

7. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

does turf specialties have a web site that i check out there product a little. thanks

8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We had a spindle type on our Z-Masters and hated them!! Lucky dealer took them back and we are back to the Walkers for bagging. I didnt see why on those units front weightswere added , my Walker mowers- after the extra weight on our ZMasters were almost the same!!!!!

9. That's a good recomendation, go buy a new mower at $13k instead of a $2,500 vac.

How long ago was this?

Peco is now the best vac to get. No others compare.

I perferr the pony motor ones because when the blades bog down your vac get's clogged up.

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

lawngodfather,

Been there done that. Peco is not my cup of tea for a few reasons, when asked I voice my opinion. If you are happy with yours thats great. I learned the hard way, by trial and error. We all work under different conditions so there are a lot of vairations to consider. Any one wanting to collect should compare the different units available for user friendlyness. How long does it take you to remove the Peco from your machine? A sacrafice has to be made some where when using an aftermarket vac unit on any machine. One has to weigh the sacrafice to justify the use. A big issiue is weight transfer. Then there is the extra bulk of the pony motor and collectoin box to contend with adding size to the mower, restricting your mower travel in many areas. I have a Walker GHS unit. Its made to collect, does a good job. It can also rear discharge but not very well so a sacrafice is made in the overall looks of the area when done. On the Hustler 60" Z with the Bac-Vac you can remove the whole vac unit within miniutes, by your self, and have a side discharge unit. In my mind there is nothing worse than spending money on a peice of equipment that won't do the job thats intended. Every one pays the price for sacrafice some where in some way.

Gene