***** pee: how to fix it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BALDEAGLE, Apr 25, 2005.

1. BALDEAGLE

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

i've never run into this before,some one w/ 2 mid sized ***** dogs-AND!-wants grass to grow...in a confined area approx. 700sq. ft.
    is it possible to keep up with the dead spots from 2 ladies, in such a small area?regular lime apps.,and lots of water,at least,i suppose...any suggestions? thiers a 1300 dollar rock job, and possibly a annual contract involved also...i'd like to be able to tell this lady, i can make it happen for her,but i dont know that it can be done.is it possible???

2. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

If the dogs keep smashing the ground, then the only thing i can think of is artificial turf.

3. BALDEAGLE

local garden center bid 1200 to sod this---i told her it would be a waste of money. i think i can repair most of current damage with sod removed for rock beds she wants to put in...wandering if i can possibly keep it alive.

4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I would not go with grass. On a hot day, water must be flooded immediatly after the leak. Go with another surface.

5. BALDEAGLE

another surface.???would be?

6. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Triple ground mulch, river rock, concrete. All have benefits. Concrete is probably the best for hygiene and maintenance. Mulch is easiest to install but parasite eggs etc will be a problem. River rock is good if it can be built up (6 - 8") for wastes to flow down then away (good drainage important for this type).

7. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

Remmber also that the runnoff will eventually make its way into your faucets.

8. BALDEAGLE

. River rock is good if it can be built up (6 - 8") for wastes to flow down then away (good drainage important for this type).

drainage would be into rock beds i'm installing w/ misc. plants and shrubs...not good.

9. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I think that they can get something from the vet that makes them not leave the spots. Some pill or drink or something. Of course, there is no money for you in that but that is the route that I would take.

10. BALDEAGLE

for ringing my bell. i've heard that before, now that ya mention it. thanks again, might just be the answer i was looking for...constant wear will be the next problem.