Peerless tranny on a gravely

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by zspeed130, Aug 16, 2013.

1. zspeed130

zspeed130 LawnSite Member

I have a gravely Pro 50 with a peerless tranny. It leaks a bit out of the shaft on the left side (If your in the operator position). Its where the shaft just rests in the case and does not come out that side. Anyone know if there is a way to check and fill it? I was thinking remove the neutral safety switch and check there? Also it looks like grease to me. Just use bearing grease? Any help is appreciated. I don't use this much so I probably only need to check it once a month or so.

Thanks,

Zach

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Zach,

If you have seepage now I'd suggest pulling the top of the trans and check for water contamination, Clean all the old grease out and refill with 12 oz. of Bentonite grease part # 788067C......

3. zspeed130

Thank you. How should I re seal the case when I am done? It looks like some sort of gasket maker was used? Also should I fill it to the. Point just below where the case goes back together?

Thanks again. Guys like you are invaluable to guys like myself. I really can't thank you enough.

Z

4. Restrorob

You can use any sealer, Some didn't have any at all..... ONLY use 12oz of grease, There's no fill to level. The part number I posted is for a 32oz bottle, I didn't see a 12oz......

5. zspeed130

Sorry, also is there some seal for around that shaft?

6. Restrorob

No..........