Peerless Transmission Service

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by argulator, Jan 27, 2003.

1. argulator

argulator LawnSite Member

I'm a long time lurker who bought a used 48 Metro HP for homeowner use.
    My dealer has recommended I don't change the transmission grease. I emailed exmark, who reiterated what's in the manual--replace the grease yearly.

In earlier LS threads, exmark recommended (and posted a Service Bulletin about) adding a grease zerk, after the transmission warranty expired.

So, have you changed your recommendation about the grease zerk? If not, can you provide me a copy of the SB? It's not available on the old thread. I'll only use the mower on a one acre lot.

Thanks.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Yea guys...fill me in on this.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Guys,

Sorry for the delay.

There are two casting holes on each side of the lower case located on either side of the output shaft. These holes do not go all the way through the casting. Simply drill a small hole through the center of one of them, tap it with a 1/4" tap and screw in a standard 1/4 grease zerk. I believe a standard zerk uses a 1/4" -20 thread. Then give it a couple of pumps each time you service the monthly lubrication points.

Thanks

Terry

4. argulator

argulator LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info.

5. LanierLawnCare

LanierLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have a Metro HP and just replaced the trans after about 500 hours . I only payed around 210.00 for the whole trans. cheaper than repairing. Thanks, Jason