1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pellet Compost

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by humble1, Feb 20, 2009.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

There used to be a company called green valley that made a nice product.
    I cant seem to find anyone that makes a pelltized compost, yet all sorts of organic lawn care companies advertise it on their web pages if you do a search.

Anyone have a supplier?

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

NO
    but many that say one thing do another

3. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

We can help.
    Pelletized compost 1.98 billion microbes/gram
    sold by the pallet 50x40lb bags.

4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I just took a look at your page, I dont see it on your site.
    Do you have a link for more info, or pm me.

5. phasthound

We supply many more products than are on our current website, new one should be up in a couple of weeks.

What kind of info are you looking for? Still working on pricing, but last year it was $650.00/pallet of 50 x 40lb bags delivered to MA, cheaper for orders of 3 or more pallets. We'll have the current price soon.

6. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

oh my.................:waving:

7. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Knee jerk reaction is OUCH, but can you post specs on the product beyond what you've given so far? Nitrogen is still a prevalent part of the program, what %N? What else is in the compost? Micro's I hope. Fe? Mg? Mo and Zn are left out in a lot of products and essential for some aspects of growth. My biggest complaint w/ synthetics isn't as much salt (even though I fight salt content in everything including H20), but a lack of micro's w/o buying a specific product has always chapped a bit.

8. phasthound

As soon as I get all the specs, I'll post them. But I doubt they will be as extensive as what you are asking for.

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Generally speaking soils are not limiting with respect to micros ... soil conditions on the other hand may limit availability. In any event, just one more reason to use a well rounded compost in your top dress program.

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Still cheeper than fert