1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Peltor AM/FM radio/hearing protection.....

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by K&L Landscaping, Feb 22, 2006.

1. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Can you hear the music really good through these or not? I'm a little skeptical that you still get a lot of background noise. I appreciate your opinions.
  2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I never leave home without them. Their good, but the receprtion could be better. Its my second pair.
  3. bearcatlawn

bearcatlawn LawnSite Member

last year was my first year using them and I couldn't live without them now. I'd been mowing for years with just ear protection and I was skeptical too, but they work great. I only have on property where I don't get a good signal.
  4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

WHAT DID YOU SAY?????? lol. No, they really do cut down on the noise but not to the point that you dont hear automobiles and machinery around you. I wish they were a little louder, but I abused my hearing in the past and now im realizing it.They are worth the price and a good investment

5. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

They do a good job of blocking outside noise will still being able to hear the broadcast (music or talk). They do not get really loud but that is to protect your ears as well.
  6. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I love mine. Plan on changing the station depending on where you are at.
    I bought one for all employees. I put mine on when i get out the truck.
  7. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

I love mine (22db). I can hear the tunes just fine. They make 2 models, the 22db and the 25db. My next pair are going to be the 25db NRR. I have a feeling Im going to love them even more!
  8. above all

above all LawnSite Member

All the good ! I've made two pair last 5 seasons. I tooks them apart and added some modified bitume and extra foam to achive what i would guess to be another db or two better in reducing out side noise.
  9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I will not even start the mower up with out them on. Great investment!!!:)
  10. brbsta

brbsta LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if the peltors have Audio input jacks. I have ipods that weuse when we cut and need to be able to plus them into some sort of ear protection.