1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Peltor Customer service!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jun 27, 2002.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Thought I would share this with ya'll. My Peltor selects radio headphones had a malfunction and would not turn off. I contacted Peltor and got the info to send them back for repair. I had purchased them in March 2001 and had not had a problem before this.

I mailed them last week for repair. Today I got my new headphones in and they are a new model! That's right, they replaced my out of warranty headphones with a brand new pair!

FWIW, while mine were out I found that Lowes selles the Peltor worktunes for $50, they wouk good but come up short to the Selects!:cool:
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Whats the difference between "selects" and the ones everybody else has....the AM-FM WorkTunes?

I've had the Elvex's (FM only) for quite a few years, and the rubber ear rings need replacement, they're no longer cushioney.

So I saw the Pletor AM-FM Worktunes for $64.99 and ordered them.

I like the sound better in the Elvex's, but I like the flush headband of the Peltors.

AM reception is less than Ideal.

On edit:

I see now. ITs the listening feature, and the 4 FM presets (that would be handy) The rash of thunderstorms make the AM fuzzy, but essential for weather tracking.
  3. KirbysLawn

The selesct have a true 'stereo" sound, they have active mics on front so you can hear people talking if you wish or turn them off. You can also plug in a CD player and listed to it also.

The worktunes sound ok but they let too much noise in and the sound quality is very "plastic" or "tin" sounding.
  4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Dang Ray.. Your post is a couple of hours too late. I just ordered the Worktunes tonite.. Would have went to Lowes.

With 1-2 day delivery.. cost is $74.25

Don't ya hate when things like this happen...
  5. KirbysLawn

Sorry for the poor service...I will try to do better next time. ;)
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah really, $50.00 ???:mad: You sure?

The WorkTunes that I have are very blah sounding, no treble, very UN-Tinny and muffed sounding. But they ARE stereo.

Did notice that sounds leak in. Just pretend to "hold your ears" with them on, and outside noise gets MUCH quieter by your hands blocking it. As if sound leaks in around the buttons or something.

Other pet peeves....

They must be make for SMALL ears, mine are on the small side. No way they'd have fit my Grandfathers dumbo ears!!!

Also, the channel knob is WAY too easily accidentally bumped. Then your like.....HMMM how far did I bump it to get elevator music :rolleyes:
  7. KirbysLawn

Yea I'm sure. I have my receipt here, Item #82334 $49.96 for the worktunes. My selects were $220 last year at Grainger, I was told the price had dropped some..
  8. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up.

My battery door hinge was broken, and there was a loose connection in the ext plug-in. Peltor also sent me a brand new pair free of charge.

I got mine a little before, or after you did, so they were out of warranty. I offered to pay. :)

Great company to do business with.

9. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

I just ordered a pair of selcts from graingers for $96... great deal.. can't wait