1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Peltor Earbuds

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cnymowing, Jul 5, 2013.

1. cnymowing

cnymowing LawnSite Member

I've been having trouble with hearing protection compliance... I give my guys the option between disposable foam earplugs, regular muffs and peltor worktunes.

Lately I've been catching them using plain old headphones listening to music... they say the worktunes are too heavy and hot or that they get headaches from pushing the safety glasses against their head... or even better... they don't like the tan lines :dizzy:

I came across the Peltor Earbud earplugs and I was wondering if anyone has tried them before and how they work and how durable they are?
    http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-PPE-Safety-Solutions/Personal-Protective-Equipment/Products/Product-Catalog/~/3M-Peltor-EARbud-Noise-Isolating-Headphones-EARbud2600N-10-CS?N=4294412952+5011378&Nr=AND%28hrcy_id%3AVJZ6TCKPB2gs_4ZG4L8B3CJ_N2RL3FHWVK_GPD0K8BC31gv%29&rt=d

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

If a person has hearing aids, how are they supposed to be compliance with regulations? Serious question lol I never looked into it
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cnymowing

My guess would be to remove the hearing aids and insert plugs, but honestly I don't know... If its a problem of yours you should probably consult with osha or the doh.

but anyways, apparently nobody has tried the peltor earbuds... so I suppose I'll be the test dummy lol

4. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

Is there a reason you want to buy these guys 55$ ear plugs? I guess you're a super nice boss, shoot my boss told us either war the cheap plugs for free or buy our own but if we're caught while operating equipment without plugs then we get 1 verbal, 1 written, 1 fire.

5. cnymowing

if it keeps them happy, safe, and productive... I don't mind the expense within reason.

6. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Im interested to see i have been tossing around the idea but i have never gone for them if you do please post a review

7. Neil M

Neil M LawnSite Member

I have the blue ones and I like them. I string them under my shirt so I don't catch them on anything

8. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Hearing laws only apply to people that can still hear.

9. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting. The replacement ear plug tips are between 22.50 and 47.00 though! WOW!

10. finneylawns

finneylawns LawnSite Member