Peltor or Leight earmuffs??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Sharks, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone out there had both and can comment on which is best for comfort and performance??

Looking at the Leight LEIGHTNING (NRR 31) or

the PELTORĀ® H10 Extreme Performance Series

Currently using a pair of cheapies and hearing loss runs in the family so I thought it was time for an upgrade.

Thanks
    Keth

2. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Get the Peltor Work Tunes. They are great and can get them for about $58.00 online. Do a search on Peltor and see the discussion of the radio earmuffs with hearing protection. Consesnsus seems to be that Peltor is the best.

3. affprop

affprop LawnSite Member

I bought a pair of Peltors from RPM Sales off of this forum and I am trying to get a hold of them to send them back they s___!I do not have any experience with the other brand, my other pair is Elvex and the are awsome, rechargable to. Good luck.

4. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Peltour has been searched for on here before time and time again.

The worktunes are very popular.

I have a pair, they work terrific.

If they broke tommorow, I would order another pair immediatly.

I wouldn't work without them.. Makes the day go by soooo much quicker listening to the radio...

Gary

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

seh,

What model Peltors do you have?

What don't you like about them?

I also have both Peltor and Elvex.

6. Lawn Sharks

Was hoping to hear a review of the Leight 31's but it looks like they are not as popular.

Thanks for the info!

Keth

7. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Never even heard of them...

I'd do a search.. or do a search on www.google.com to see if there is anything out there about them..

Gary

8. Lawn Sharks

There is plenty of info on the web about these but mostly from people selling them. Was hoping to hear the real dirt from some people who wear them everyday. They are supposed to have the highest noise suppression of any muff out there. NRR 31

The Model is called the Leight LEIGHTNING

Just curious. Hell, at $25 I will order some and do my own review.
    My ears are ringing from using a set of EAR standards, NRR 20 while blowing leaves for the last few days. Time to upgrade.

Keth

9. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Keith (im guessing typo)

Apparently only you and I have the Gemplers catalog that your looking to order out of.

I have all three sets. Got the peltors, thought they were the greatest things, until I got the elvex earlier this year. Guy lost my set so I ordered me the Leights and although Ive only used them a few times since I got them, I love em. I hate noise, drives me crazy to listen to the racket all day. In fact my guys hated wearing the muffs until I ordered in the elvexs and now they wont give em up.

I only ordered the leights cause they had the highest db level and so that my set stood out from the crews.

Best of luck.

CMerrick

10. Lawn Sharks

Merrick,
    Thanks! Glad to hear that you find them to be an improvement and comfortable. Will order a set tonight.

Cheers,
    Keth (yes, really Keth)