Peltor Work Tunes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blessed 1, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I am debating on a set of Peltor Work Tunes. Are they unreasonably hot during the heat of the summer? The cheapest I see them on the net is $59.99. Does any one have a better price than that? Thanks for the responses.
  2. C & S

C & S LawnSite Member

I bought a set last spring. There o.k. Yes they get warm during the "hot" times, but then again they do reduce the noise level quiet a bit. I am going to look for a pait with digital tuning. Every time you set them down, the station changes. Just my .02
  3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I have been using the elvex for 3 years now and finally wore them out so this fall I bought a pair of the peltars. They can get hot during the summer but I love them. They make the day go by much quicker and at the same time reduce the ringing in your ears at the end of the day. I am so lost without them that I have driven 25 minutes back to the shop when I have forgotten them. they are one of those things that id easily pay double for if need be.
  4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased some Peltor's at Wal Mart this past spring for 49.99 I believe. They do get warm, but like stated above, they do make the day go by and provide great protection. I would like the digital ones when these are worn out.
  5. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

Go to Radio Shack they have ones alot better for about 30.00. I love them and they are alot more comfortable than Work Tunes. (yes Ive had both)
  6. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

7. burninbill

burninbill LawnSite Member

I also have a pair of work tunes and really hate the fact that they are not digital. However they are very good for keeping engine noise out, how are the pair that you have purchased from radio shack? they look more comfortable but keeping out the background noise is my main concern. With in first 2 1/2 months of the business I could tell a huge difference in my hearing. I was using a jogging walkman and jammin it as loud as it would go damn near just to get that engine noise to go away.

If you think that the radio shack pair do as good on background
    as the work tunes then I would by a pair today.

my 2pennies

Jon Walker
    Cutting Edge Lawn and Landscape
  8. PrecisionLandService

PrecisionLandService LawnSite Member

Buy Peltor... they are the best.... They do a good job keeping the sound out.... Peltor also recently restyled there headset so they are a bit smaller and easier to tune in stations then the earilier design.
  9. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I love them the best thing i ever bought.
  10. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

home depot and walmart both carry them in my area now 49.99