1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Peltor Worktunes Field Repair

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tx_angler, Jul 11, 2004.

1. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 pairs of Worktunes in the truck and they both stay on the dash board when not in use. After several months both sets of ear cushions (which snap in place) woudn't stay snapped in place. We took clear nail polish (don't ask) and painted a stripe around the ear piece and shoved its back in place. For two weeks the nail polish has been holding and I think we could break the seal if necessary.
  2. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I had the exact same problem with my peltors. So I heated those tabs and bent them out a bit. THey have not come apart at so far this season. THey have a bit of a design flaw with how those tabs snap(rather dont snap) into the headseti
  3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I love our Peltors, makes the day go by so much faster. We have a pair thats going on 3 years old, no ploblems. Do you have the ones that you push the button in to turn on and off???
  4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

My ear cups keep falling off also. I hate my peltor worktunes. They dont block nearly as much noise as they should and the radio doesnt play loud enough to hardly hear it. Should have gotten the Elvex relax like i use to have. Much much better headset.
  5. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

I love my peltors. Dont know why i waited so long to buy them though.
  6. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Can anybody tell me which headsets have better AM reception?