1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Peltor WorkTunes Vs Elvex Quiet Tunes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, Mar 14, 2005.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd like to hear from someone that's tried both. I currently have the Peltor Worktunes but I'm kinda disgusted with the reception and quality of the radio they come with and thought I might try the Elvex Quiet Tunes. I don't want to get them and have the same problem, so I thought I'd ask first.
  2. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

Why dont you get an mp3 player with built in radio and earplug style earphones? Last year I purchased a iriver512mb mp3 player with the sony fontopia earbuds. I really like the setup, makes the day go bye faster :cool2:
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I started with the quie tunes by elveX.
    They messed up, couldn't hold a signal, sent back got a refund and
    got the elveX relax model. They have a high noise reduction rating, and rechargeable batteries.
    I have had them 2 years and the only problem is a speaker went south, my x employee spilled a whole 52 oz soda on them while we were going to another job.:gunsfirin :gunsfirin :gunsfirin :( :angry:
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My biggest problem with work tunes is the in and out reception.
  5. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I have a set of Elvex that are about 7 years old and they work great still. The noise reduction really makes a difference after a day of working with them.

I have 2 sets of worktunes. One is newer and much better than older model which is about 3 years old. To me I like the older Elvex much better. They are eaiser to control while on your head. The Elvex seem to do a better job of noise reduction so that you are not turning up the radio volume which can be just as bad on your ears.

I paid $125 for the Elvex and $49 for the Work Tunes.
  6. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

I also use the elvex, Have had them about 4 years. Haven't had any problems with them, except I wish it had a.m. so I could hear some twins games. :)